Saturday, October 25, 2014

Stone Age

I would hate to end up like them, I want to enjoy life in the simplest of forms. Nothing fancy, nothing flashy just life! But that is the hardest thing to do in this goddamn century. With all this social media platforms, Its like everyone has to conform otherwise you are dubbed uncool. Or people just assume you are poor!

Take instagram for instance, everybody's life is awesome...literary! Everyone captions their pictures "my life is awesome" and don't get me wrong...I appreciate positivity but when its overdone it just has this fake vibe to it. Where did realism disappear to? People will take pictures(selfies) in other peoples cars and say, "this traffic is driving me crazy!" Bet it doesn't drive you crazy when you are in that usual matatu...now that's a selfie I would like to see. With that sweaty guy seated next to you photo bombing !! Others will post big bundles of cash that don't belong to them with the caption ,"we out here grinding!" Or "I hustle hard bitch!" What are you grinding on exactly?? ....okay somebody hand me a gun!! Something has to be done!!

So as a way of keeping sane...I uninstalled my instagram app. My watsapp too...coz am tired of people hitting me up just coz they are bored and have nothing better to do! If its serious or urgent enough they will find time and credit to scroll for my number and call me... or just message me old school style. Yes am stone age like that! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment