Thursday, April 24, 2014

Con woman

Today i woke up to quite the shock at the office. Turns out i really messed up with a prospective client. See, our marketing executive asked me to find new business for her and boy did I ! 

Being the nice little intern i went straight to Google and typed in " how to lure a client". Its amazing what the internet has reduced us to, I find it so hard to trust myself without counter checking on the web. What happened to the good old gut feeling? Anyway, so i got a few suggestions which i applied on that dreadful email and sent it out not forgetting to Cc my boss cause i was feeling pretty confident. 

Turns out i sounded like one of those Nigerian con men that try to get your information so that they steal all your money!At least that's what she told me. I sounded worse really. Not only did i manage to scare away the client but i also got a mail from senior management saying and i quote, " what is this?" 

Judging by how it all went down i can bet you she will not be asking me to do anything on my own anytime soon. This is going to be a loong day....

No comments:

Post a Comment